1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons' new site

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Seemed like he was strung out on painkillers or something.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sounds like he was wearing dentures because someone broke his teeth in a fist-fight.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Coming out hot with some Deflategate talk.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Can sum up that clip rather quickly:

AFFLECK: Deflategate? Bro!

SIMMONS: I know, bro!

AFFLECK: Right, bro?

SIMMONS: Yeah, bro.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Brutal, just brutal.

It's like 2 children who have just been told they can use the word 'fuck' all they want, so they do it a lot just because.

It's as if Affleck told Simmons he talks better drunk and high, so he did some shots and bong hits in the green room before taping.

Bill reading off prompter hurts me.

Also. How did they clear all that footage? Did they fair use it? Yikes. *SMH* Three year deal? I dunno man.

I will say it's a good thing Simmons can come around to a sense of humor about this kind of thing... This show makes the Grantland Basketball Hour seem riveting.

Stoney likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Simmons has admitted that he sucks on TV. Why keep failing at something you're not good at, and just concentrate on what your strengths are (at least short term)? It's like a newspaper trying to be a talk-radio or TV station. Oh, wait ...

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bill and Jalen were very good together.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

between Simmons, SAS, Cowherd, Bayliss and Whitlock, it seems like there is more news now about Hot Takes than actual sports news.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I actually thought the Barkley segment was good, but then Barkley's pretty good with anyone.

But yeah, Affleck was hard to watch.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I plan to watch this later tonight, but when the day after responses all seem to be about how your first guest seemed to be inebriated and was dropping f-bombs left and right, that's not good. Reminds me of when Joe Buck had Artie Lange on his first show and Lange basically humiliated Buck. That's all anyone could talk about, Lange. Having Affleck as your first guest...to basically echo back to you what you already think yourself about a hometown issue...what's the point? He had months to line up a guest and he gets a Boston fanboy to come on and talk about an issue, Deflategate, that no one wants to hear about anymore. Hopefully Barkley is entertaining.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was disappointed Simmons didn't parade his tits around.

Draft saved Draft deleted