1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Petersen leaving CSI; HBO narrator extraordinaire Liev Schreiber steps in

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/26/is-william-petersen-really-leaving-csi/

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

Re: Bill Petersen leaving CSI; HBO narrator extraordinaire Liev Schreiber steps

Maybe he's leaving to make Fear 2.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yeah, not too happy about this ... and I was a from-the-first-episode early adopter of the CSI mothership. Still, the Grissom character had put himself in an impossible spot by sleeping with one of his employees.

And the show has seemed tired this season. The "miniature killer" plotline kinda fizzled at the end, I thought, after a great setup. What an epic idea ... a story arc that could have snaked in and out of several seasons like the Paul Milander story arc. It ended so abruptly (or appeared to, anyway ...), I guess I should have known something was up.

I'd like to see him ultimately go out in a blaze of glory -- another Tarantino two-parter, maybe, with all the team trying to figure out who killed Grissom.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Think he'll stay on as an executive producer? You gotta figure he's already set for life from a financial standpoint.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is it ironic that David Caruso stars in one of the CSI knockoffs?

Maybe in 15 years William Peterson will star in 24: Indonesia.

6. bp6316

bp6316 Member

I'm actually not a fan of the show, but will be inclined to watch with Liev Schreiber in the fold now. He's one of my favorite actors that most people haven't seen in much of anything. I'd encourage everyone to watch him as Orson Wells in "RKO-281", the HBO movie on the battle behind Wells' making of Citizen Kane. Excellent film and Liev is superior as an actor in it.

7. I haven't watched the show regularily for the past year, but I have to admit that Grissom was easily my favorite character on the show. I hated the relationship with Sara ( I just didn't see it between the two), but I am very, very sad to see him go. It is his quirky character, like Monk's in his show and the Mark Harmon's on NCIS, that made the show worth watching every week.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Let's calm down. Peterson took a sabbatical to do a play, so Gil was written out of some episodes this season. Everything else, at this point, is just speculation.

I think (and hope) Grissom will still be on the show, but perhaps only half the episodes next season.

9. HejiraHenry

A-ha. Not so fast ...

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You know, they could've moved Catherine up to run CSI and not replaced Petersen until he gets finishes the play.

Or, loan Mr. Wolf out to Vegas, in the event that something happens to Greg...

11. HejiraHenry

Horatio: "Mister Wolf (removes glasses) ... you're going to Las Vegas."

Cue Roger Daltry: "YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's so not how Caruso would do that scene. He'd put the sunglasses on, not take them off, before delivering that line.

Draft saved Draft deleted