1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Parcells Out Tony Dungy In.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 23, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uh huh. I think this new era of nice men coaching in the Super Bowl will last about as long as Men Without Hats.

No denying that Dungy is a rare breed. But the vast majority of coaches are antisocial nitwits. And Lovie Smith employs, among others, a guy who beats up people in Denny's while hollering racial slurs and a gun-wielding felon who should be locked up in a max security prison. So let's not get carried away with the hosannas.

The jerks will be playing for the big prize next year. Almost guaranteed.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I wouldn't think of Payton as a true Parcells protege along the lines of Weis and Belichick, both of whom worked under the Tuna for three different teams. Payton's more of a (shudder) Jim Fassel protege, and one that Fassel whacked a few years ago (we see how well that turned out).

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Huh? Who are you talking about on the Bears? From what I have read they all seem to be a great group of character guys. Some may have had some minor problems in college that could be chalked up to their youth.

4. Boom_70

Just the same then you also have to include Nick Saban who trained under Belechick in Cleveland.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Never heard of Tank Johnson, Boom?

6. Boom_70

Yes - but what is wrong with Tank? The NYT had a nice story on him last week. He seems like a good guy. His teamates like him and he still goes back to his HS to speak to the students about staying out of trouble.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'd sure as hell call him a genius. But I'm a KC fanboy. I take your point though.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You forgot the blue sarcasm font. :)

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Like I said in another thread, should we reward him for that with a cookie?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A nice ankle bracelet. I hear those are in style.

Draft saved Draft deleted