1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill O'Reilly needs to get out more...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that the those upset by his words didn't loot the nearest liquor as a display of solidarity with those harmed by the uttering of a lunatic.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Boom, when you step up and bring your A game, you can still make a motherfucker laugh...

3. markvid

markvid Guest

But can he bring that motherfucker some ice tea?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or a fucking BEAN PIE?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently Isiah Thomas asked a bitch to get him some iced tea.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's looking out for you. If you're white.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Unless you're female and work under him.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Stephon Marbury has the most polite text-speak ("I want some more of THAT!") of any black man I know.

Bill O'Reilly

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or you've ever wished someone a happy holiday season.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The comments clearly represent an odd perception of the world. His comments came across at best like a back-handed compliment. The odd thing about the blowback from Fox is that they act like they wouldn't be talking about this if the comments were made by someone on The View? This kind of story is what they feed on. It's only wrong when one of their own is the target? Media Matters clearly has an agenda. Some of their stuff is good, some of it, like criticizing reporters for not asking a particular question or for their word choice ("They're still referring to it as the Petraeus Report") is out of line. But Fox should just back off since the comments were made on O'Reilly's radio show which has nothing to do with Fox. I'm just stunned that a man of BOR's experience could have lived this long without dining in a black-owned restaurant. I wonder if he would have gone there if he didn't have Sharpton riding shotgun.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did he think someone would come up and say, "Mind if we dance with your dates?"

12. boots

boots New Member

A friend, a very good friend, stopped by and read the posts here. They are of color and practically begged me to respond with THEIR statement about this threads.
    I am doing so.
    "Many white people still don't get it and never will. They are afraid of the unknown and many of them don't know any black people. Those who think they are cool will crack jokes and laugh at stuff like this. Those who are racist will make a big deal about it. Those who accept people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin won't think twice about O'Reilly and what many people have written."
    I thought it made a lot of sense to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted