1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Murray's wife files for divorce, alleges abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, May 29, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

See, I really liked Gibson in several movies and for me, the whole point of a movie is an escape from reality. If I wanted realism, I'd watch the news.

For me, the idea of a good movie is that you get so lost in all the elements, to you, that actor really is being that person, at least for that two-hour period.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Dr. Peter Venkman.

Great pull, FirstDown :D

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Addicted to marijuana too?

A little too much of the hybrid, ah, a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensemilia.

Apparently that makes you bejeezus-belt your wife.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I got to get into this dude's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

For years I thought he was one of the world's most originally funny guys. Now I know better.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thought he should have won best actor for "Lost In Translation" . . . but was disappointed when I saw the extent to which he believed that, himself.

A very dry talent.

But ego pushes civility to the side, all too often, in this world.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I understand why many people like movies to be an escape from reality ... but I never, ever felt the same way. And I have no idea why.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To each his own, then. I can't bring myself to stop watching certain films just because the actor/actress turned out to be a punk.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Do you feel the same way about athletes, AA? Kirby Puckett was the one that really tore me apart -- in the end, I chose not to let the bad stuff outweigh my positive (firsthand) memories of him. But, boy, it was tough.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I do, indeed. J.R. Richard will, in my book, always be a great pitcher whose career was cut too short. Never mind what he became in life.

Calvin Murphy will still be an all-time Rocket in my book, despite what he might have done to his kids.

Warren Moon will still be one of the greatest Oilers quarterbacks in history, despite domestic dispute clains.

Ken Daneyko will still be one of my favorite Devils despite being uglier than sin and having possible mafia ties through his wife.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'll never defend a fella who hits a woman, but you might want to reserve judgment on Murray until there's something more to this story. Divorce is an ugly, ugly business, and this might just be settlement gamesmanship on the part of his wife.

12. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

She should have had his ass thrown in the slammer for punching her. Of course, there'll be another side to this story.

Draft saved Draft deleted