1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 17, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I recall exactly two Huffington appearances, and one was during her "candidacy" for California governor. So that was pretty legit.

Heck, he's had John Edwards on as often as Arianna.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good. I guess that was more in the PI days. Whew!

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought Maher was funny. Now, if I catch New Rules I'll watch. I wanted to catch Amaechi tonight, but my little one was running around, so no HBO language allowed. Otherwise forget it.

What did Maher say about 9/11? I missed it.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, he simply took issue with the people who called the hijackers "cowards."

Maher's contention was that while they were a lot of things, anyone who intentionally crashes a plane into a skyscraper is not a coward.

Of course he was right. They were evil, delusional, warped, brainwashed . . . pick your own adjective . . . but they weren't cowards.

But the country was in no mood to hear anything from a terrorist apologist like Maher. Not when we had a boot to stick in countries' asses. So he was canned.

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Damn, you guys are harsh. I think Bill Maher is funny. How can you call a guy who wore a Steve Irwin costume for Halloween unfunny.

[​IMG]

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Is dork still going out with "Superhead?"

7. cortez

cortez Member

I give Maher credit for calling bullshit on the whole war on drugs movement/strategy. Fuck Bill Bennett

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't remember that, but it sure sounds like Maher.

He's a prick who loves to push people's buttons. Sometimes he's a funny prick, but he's always a prick.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's right.

Oh, and Maher is very funny.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

He also added something like: They're cowards? We're the ones lobbing cruise missles from thousands of miles away from our targets...

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You say what you want about Bill Maher, but he pulls more tail than JDV.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

HERE'S what funny.

What's funny is that some of you who are bashing Maher are the same ones who sing Colbert's praises. And they're the same guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted