1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cowher's wife dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CR19

CR19 Member

God bless him, and R.I.P. to his wife. What a shame.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

RIP

When was she diagnosed? I heard a lot of bullshit about him over the years, but nothing close to this
    (the truth).

3. Nothing to say but thoughts and prayers. I nearly lost my (then) g/f to a blood clot to her brain a few years ago and was terrified about the prospects of living without her. I can't begin to imagine what he and his daughters are feeling.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Wow, I had no idea who his wife was. She and her sister were fine basketball players. Very said to hear of her passing.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Condolences to the entire Cowher family and friend-base.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I can remember when I was a kid (the 1970s), there was a yogurt commercial with twin sisters who were teammates in the women's pro basketball league at the time. Reading about Mrs. Cowher's history, I suddenly realized that had to be her and her twin in that ad. Couldn't find it on YouTube though.

RIP. 54 is way, way too young for that.

7. wow, had no idea about any of this. There were a lot of stories about BC and many things having to do with unfaithfullness to his family and such. But no matter how many celebrations there were after wins, or condolences after losses, I always saw him with his kids and wife, they were always right there through the good and bad and coach Cowher always went straight to them. He even did it after winning the super bowl in 05 . . . the shot of him with the family giving a big high 5 before celebrating on the field sticks out in my mind. I always though it was a bit cheesy but it solidified to me his closeness to his family. Man, RIP

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There were always those rumors about his fooling around, but maybe his lack of intensity to football following SB XL seems to have a much more concrete reason.

I hope he finds a good team to coach so long as it is not in the state of Ohio or Maryland.

Draft saved Draft deleted