1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cowher's coaching status

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hope it's not Grimm.

I wouldn't be against LeBeau or -- gasp -- Dom Capers, though.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ugh. No way. The only way I'd want LeBeau is if they needed a seat warmer in the hopes that Cowher would take a couple years off and return.

Tough way for Cowher to go out, too. Lots of wasted opportunities to win games early in the season, especially to the league's worst team in Oakland, and they end up one victory from getting back into the playoffs because so many other teams fell on their asses in December.

As bad as the Colts have looked lately, how much do you think the Steelers would love to switch places with the Chiefs right now?

No way they get by Baltimore or San Diego, but going a round or two would have been fun.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Heard one radio report today that the Steelers are pressing Cowher for a decision by tonight so they can start moving on the future tomorrow.

As for Wicked's question, it appears moot now becuase Coughlin is staying unless they get totally embarrased by the Iggles.

The silly story making the rounds last week was, with Ernie Accorsi retiring, the Giants lure Pioli (Tuna's son-in-law) away from the Pats to be GM and Tuna walks away from Dalllas for a final go-round in the Meadowlands, where he might not be buying the groceries but at least can be telling his son-in-law what brands to buy.
    Ain't gonna happen.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

spnited, are you talking about Clayton on Mike & Mike this morning? I heard him say that the Steelers wanted an answer today, not next week.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fatcesa just said the same thing this afternoon.
    Cowher wants to think it over for a week, Steelers want an answer tonight.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

spnited, while Tuna would have tremendous sway over Pioli, who still would be a de-facto assistant GM in NJ, I don't see Bill going anywhere without him being the top guy. You saw what happened in New England and Dallas when he wasn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted