1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cowher's coaching status

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'm voting a big fat no on that. Don't care for his work at all. Loved him for the duration of the playoff run last year, but that's the extent of it.
    Would really like to see the team make a run at Marvin Lewis.
    Not kidding about that.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm hearing rumors of Martz to Atlanta, which could be an interesting fit.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

LJB, how? Arthur Blank is a big Michael Vick fan. Martz's system needs an accurate passer, which Vick obviously isn't. The receivers, outside of Alge Crumpler, are a complete mess.

Will Martz want to inherit this situation, especially if Blank is half the Vick fan I think he is?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Scrap the receivers, get people who can actually run a route. Stats and drops don't quantify that, but you can clearly see it. If Mora's not gone, Greg Knapp most certainly will be. It's as ill-shapen an offense for a team as there is, badly designed and executed even worse.

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I don't know about that man, I mean you got look at from the Alanta's view they are known as a run happy team and Martz loves to pass the ball like 30 times a game I don't if it would be a good fit.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You know what right but if the Falcons can go out and do shoping and pick a pair of good WR that can catch the damn ball for change than maybe Martz might think about it.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought this was the Bill Cowher thread. Don't we already have a Vick thread?

8. Herbert Anchovy

It might as well be a coaching carousel thread.

You make every football thread a Steelers thread, nohow.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only when Seahawks fans whine loud enough that I can't ignore them anymore.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I think Martz would be intrigued by Vick, and would suit his system to Vick's ability. We all know he has a huge ego, what better way to satiate it than by being the guy that finally turns Vick into QB 2.0?

11. Herbert Anchovy

Worse than that, Oz, I'm an old Oiler fan.

Just admit it, you have a unique talent for turning every football thread into a celebration of the Steelers.

I'll confine further comments to a relevant thread, but I think Martz could turn some water into wine in Atlanta.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't. Look at the weekly NFL threads and you might see me make a comment to speak my peace, then I move on. If someone else replies to that comment, I might add something more.

You're letting one running weekly NFL thread that turned into a Steelers-Seahawks bitchfest cloud your memory.

Draft saved Draft deleted