1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cowher's coaching status

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 27, 2006.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

why would he want to do that for.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You know what I think is that he is going to stay.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You know what Hack I kind I agree with you there him taking about 2-3 years then coming back to coach again.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh Sweet Franco's Afro, not the Cowboys.

I hope he comes back for one more season to the right the ship. He's a Yinzer, so I don't think he'll want his last season in Pittsburgh to be a losing (or .500) one.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Wayne Huizenga pick up the white courtesy phone. Wayne Huizenga....

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If he goes, who do you want as a replacement?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Part of me wants Ken Whisenhunt to be promoted. Part of me wants Russ Grimm. I'm evenly split on those two.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This looser Vikings fangirl would welcome him as the new Vikings head coach.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, that'll happen, Rosie.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

If and when Cower goes away Whisenhunt should be the next head coach.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Zeke don't stomp on my dreams! :p Anyone but Childress at this point.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not as enamored with those two as some others seem to be. Grimm strikes me as a guy who is a lot better off as an assistant. I just have a hard time seeing him as an NFL head coach.

And Whisenhunt? Mr. Empty Backfield on first down? No thanks. I'd rather him than Grimm, but I think they should look hard outside the organization as well. The only reason I'd want to stick with an internal hire is if they think they can get Cowher back when he returns to coaching.

Ed Bouchette's story above suggests Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz and Bears' defensive coordinator Ron Rivera as possibilities. If Bouchette throws something out there, he usually knows something, so I'm betting the search will go beyond the internal candidates.

Draft saved Draft deleted