1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Conlin has reportedly died

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So once his children grew up, his access to other young children in the neighborhood dried up as well.

If only there were some cheap, Caribbean island country he visit, and buy a place. A country that has a reputation, let's say, for pretty lax laws on child sex trade.... if only there were such a country...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, being accused of molesting children and then finding out the guy has a home in the Dominican Republic, doesn't exactly look great...

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Bill Conlin that I know was a good baseball man. He was an opinionated and aggressive journalist. I mourn his passing. As far his being a pedophile is concerned, I'm sure there's a special place for him.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

As my mama always told me, God keeps score, Fart.
    Not my business to judge.
    All I know is Conlin was a hell of a writer and had an extraordinary knowledge of baseball and other subjects.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was a regular Bill James.

What impressed you most? The time he proudly left Nolan Ryan off his HOF ballot?

6. poindexter

He was a baseball fossil. His knowledge sucked.

7. poindexter

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, I know you're using a new name and that's cool. Stop being an asshole. The Bill Conlin that many, like myself, are mourning was a great writer and a pretty damn good reporter. They, like me, are mourning the passing of a journalism legend.
    As for his personal life, obviously it was fucked up. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. I'm sure that issue is being taken up by a power bigger than we can comprehend.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

That fossil knew more about the game than you dreamed about. Did you ever read a Bill Conlin baseball story? I'm willing to bet that you had not. Otherwise, you wouldn't make such a wild statement. It's one thing trying to stay with the in crowd Poindexter. You have a knack for doing that. But you come off looking like an assclown saying his knowledge sucked. Just wanted to point that out to you.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fuck Bill Conlin.

Does anyone praising his writing want to mention the column he wrote about Jerry Sandusky, basically lauding everyone who stayed quiet about the abuse?

Fuck Bill Conlin.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You flatter me by spending five minutes of your Friday going thru my post history, eating my curds and whey.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.