1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Bradley for President

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm on the same page with Zeke -- I was a Bradley guy in 2000, but he was gone by the time I had the chance to vote for him. And I think EStreetJoe has it right: If it was Bradley with the "D" next to his name in 2004 instead of Kerry, Shrub would be a distant memory.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I agree with E-Joe also. It's really a shame that good canidates get weeded out to fast. Bradely has a good vision for America and I wish more would have listened.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I was a Bradley guy in 2000 as well, but he was gone by the time my state held its primary in June.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

HH gets it.

He wasn't as laid-back as Thompson . . . but he approached it.

He didn't want to go to the wall for it, that's for certain.

He wanted his ring kissed.

Wasn't. Going. To. Happen.

I'm not hostile towards him. He has his good points. Couple of things he did I REALLY didn't like, though, and glad I wasn't ever put to the choice w/him in a general election.

6. Boom_70

If you could have matched up Bradley's vision for the country with Reagan's ability to deliver it you would have had a dynamic combination. The both do share that house on the hill view of america.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I was a big fan of Bradley back in '90. There was talk that he would run for president in two years...he was getting written up in the national media and he was hanging out in Hollywood raising money from the big Democrats out there. Then he damn near got beat running for re-election which spooked him from running in 1992..
    It's a shame, because he's a very bright guy.

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

If you read A Sense of Where You Are, you'll wonder how in hell this guy didn't become President.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He wasn't the only one. Bradley, Cuomo and Jay Rockefeller all took a pass after seeing Poppy's 90% approval in the wake of Desert Storm. That left the door wide open for Clinton.

10. Boom_70

Read any one of his books and you feel the same way

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

So is Fred Thompson the Republican Bill Bradley, or is Bill Bradley the Democratic Fred Thompson?

I say Bloomberg is the Independent Mitt Romney.

12. Boom_70

Fred Thompson can't go to his left

Bloomberg is a sane version of Ross Perot

Draft saved Draft deleted