1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikers attack SUV driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/01/228075261/nyc-police-studying-shocking-video-of-bikers-attacking-driver?ft=1&f=&utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

One of the bikers stopped short and the SUV driver bumped him. Other bikers slashed his tires and broke his windows. The driver, wanting to protect himself and his wife and 2-year-old kid, drove away, running over a few of them in the process.
    The SUV driver did not intend to injure anyone, but I guess that doesn't make the guy who's in the hospital and possibly paralyzed for life any better.
    Still, that doesn't give the bikers any right to attack the guy.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tough fucking shit.

Watch the video from the start -- this is 100.000000% instigated, aggravated and extenuated by the bikers.

Too bad he didn't kill about 20 of 'em.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Skimming down through the comments on the NPR story, here are additional videos by helmet cam guy (deleted from YT because he likely figured out they would end up fucking him bad in court).

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

And, I amend my above statement:

Too bad he didn't kill about 100 of them.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Scumbags. The reason the SUV bumped the one biker is because the biker cut him off.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What are the laws for gang violence in NY and NYC?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's encouraged.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Wannabe tough guys pretending they are a bad ass motorcycle gang. DMX says these guys are pussies :)

One question, are Quads street legal in NYC?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If there's an accident, call an ambulance if needed and get the cops to sort it out. You don't smash the guy's car, follow the guy for miles on end, drag him out of the car and beat the crap out of him.

Not to mention, these assholes put the lives of considerably more people in harm's way, both with their behavior on the road and driving on the sidewalk.

Maybe now, when they visit the paralyzed guy in the hospital, they'll realize it's their fault he's paralyzed because of their shitty behavior, not some poor driver who just happened to get stuck in the middle of their midlife crisis biking party.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We have a winner.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What flavor were the beverages in the SUV? If they were a certain flavor, then we all know the driver deserved it.

Also, this happened three days ago. Why hasn't the media obtained an inventory of beverages in the SUV yet? What are they trying to hide?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least now you're asking questions.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No victim of a crime is going to get away with anything on my watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted