1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bike Share Programs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 26, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not sure why the program has become so polarizing. On surface it seems like a well thought out idea.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Apples = you
    Oranges = everyone else

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You consider this "mass transit?"

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

4. old_tony

Everyone else would bike from Manhattan to Northern Jersey or Long Island or Philadelphia? Really?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, these bikes aren't free to use. And Ragu and everybody else who pays taxes in NYC paid to have them installed so tourists can not use them.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

]

You completely misread the post?

Haha ... eh, it's not that funny.

7. Yeah, tourists don't pay taxes and can't use the bikes. Any facts you'd like to add?

8. old_tony

You're correct. I did. My bad. :(

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I have to say, the idea of folks who are not from New York, and who might not ride bicycles on a regular basis, trying to navigate the streets of Manhattan -- even with bike lanes -- on an unfamiliar bike is a little scary.

I have to imagine some folks are going to get their skulls cracked.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Should make for some interesting lawsuits.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How is this wasting tax dollars?

Actually, from what I read, it is generating income for the city.

And multiple people using a section of asphalt to store bikes or one person camping his or her car there for a week until they have to move it to the other side of the street for a street sweeping, which is better use of tax dollars?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My adopted hometown of McKinney, Texas has "share the lane" signs up all over town. Perhaps a concession they don't have much in the way of bike paths, but at least they are acknowledging the presence of cyclists.

You have to remember this is the ruby-red nucleus of Rove Country, so shit is changing.

Draft saved Draft deleted