1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biggest laughing-stock in pro sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 12, 2007.

?

Which of these teams should be demoted/disbanded/contracted because every level of their operation i

1. Oakland Raiders

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. New York Knicks

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Florida Marlins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chicago Blackhawks

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Atlanta Hawks/Thrashers

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Detriot Lions

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  7. Los Angeles Clippers

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  8. Kansas City Royals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  10. Cleveland Browns

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  11. Baltimore Orioles

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  12. Pittsburgh Pirates

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Yeah, they've got uniforms and everything.

It's great.

Anyway, I don't know how anybody could possibly vote for any franchise other than the Knicks. To be in the nation's No. 1 media market with the league's highest payroll and to have that utter mess of a team?

And the fact that they gave Isaiah a contract extension after he's run two NBA franchises and an entire league (the CBA) into the ground, that says it all.

I hate all New York teams equally, so I don't mind. :-D

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-women&prov=ap&type=lgns

Junkie, check this out for some evidence. I don't see Cleveland up there in the percentage of men or women supporting the team. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to admit to being a Browns fan, either.

3. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

the Marlins aren't that bad for a small market team.
    they'll have to win a WS every six or seven years.

the Knicks, on the otherhand, just awful.
    they couldn't win a title with a big man like Ewing, i don't know how else they can win it all.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You announce you won't continue the debate...then you continue it. Guess I shouldn't expect more of a Browns fan.

When I talk about travel, I'm talking about Steelers fans taking over opposing stadiums. Whether that be those that followed the team or those that live there. Talk about chapters of fan clubs all you want. Watch the Steelers play on the road and check out the crowd. There's the real evidence.

So, it's only significant that fans in Pittsburgh have abandoned a team (the Pirates), but not when it is done in Cleveland? Nice contradictory argument there.

And you want to talk about Browns fans only abandoning the team before the move? Steelers fans have never stopped supporting that team, not even through 40 years of futility before the dynasty of the '70s.

Then again, you can't even spell Pittsburgh, so why should I expect you to know anything about the city.

Draft saved Draft deleted