1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big trouble for anonymous Internet haters/liars/thugs!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Jun 16, 2007.

?

What should happen to the defendants in this case if found guilty?

1. unmask the liars & make them pay $!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Pay $ only but keep boards anonymous

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Kick them off the boards & public retraction

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Too bad for the plaintiff the Internet is the "Wild West"

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

John, humility. Go look it up. It's that attitude that grates on our nerves.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Should have. Should have. I know of a copy editor if you knead won...

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sorry, slap, he got it right. Historical reference.

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Probably true.

Well, like my old boss said one's strength is usually their weakness. Luckily every day is a chance to get better.

In my own defense I am honest, entertaining, and like to have fun without trying to harm others. Thus, if you are cool to me I will be cool to you or at least leave you alone. I think that is a commendable/humanitarian approach. So, if people stopped attacking me there would be no problems...seriously.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My apologies... forgot the historical exception rule... thought it was too obvious for Dools, but you never know.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You should of given him the benefit of the doubt.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

But you need to realize, you keep posting you're the most popular thing on YouTube, etc.
    You aren't, but you invite ridicule and corrections.

8. John D. Villarreal

Yeah, well I was. Hmm, let me come at this/explain another way.

You Tube has their "top lists" - most change every day (top viewed, rated, commented, etc.) in every category. They also have top directors, etc. Anyway, many of my videos have gotten in the top 100 of many of those lists & I have been repeatedly "honored" as being a top director.

While no I have not gotten to #1 in any list I have cracked the top 20 several times and, come on, that is quite an accomplishment for a global top website when I do these things in minutes & its just me talking.

But yeah, if you check them later after they won the awards are all gone. That is one pet peeve I have with YT is thy should save awards that you won somewhere. I think they are all about the "live links" & "real time" thing. Anyway, that is how it works.

Oh yeah, there are lists for top ___ for the week, month, all time, but clearly the bar is much much higher for those & often those are professionally done vids with lots of editing & even production value, or copied footage.

John

9. John D. Villarreal

Hmm, the results in the poll are really strange. Interesting!

10. markvid

markvid Guest

But it's You Tube...not the Oscars or Emmys.

It's like working at Burger King and being pissed because you weren't named VP in charge of fries.

11. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha, I hear you. However, I think it is more of a force and platform then you are giving it credit for.

In any event, it's a great platform for me with no program directors or executive producers to tell me what to do. So, I can be much more creative. Plus the fact that you have WW coverage and virtually unlimited storage to create a catalogue of shows/vids is awesome! I just know its fun & I am getting noticed for the work. So, that is cool.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

What was the point of this thread?

Oh yeah, JDV is a douchebag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.