1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Ten Network and the Freeh Report

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You took a survey on this?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd say the network deserves the death penalty, but since I can hit their offices with a rock from my apartment, and the coffee shop across the street already closed (really), I worry about the damage to the neighboring businesses.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I mostly agree with everything you guys posted on here. I don't expect BTN to be chasing recruiting scandals and such. But this news was so enormous that it is ridiculously conspicuous to just pretend it wasn't occurring. Isn't it a tried-and-true tenet of public relations to get out in front of a damaging story, rather than ignore it?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

But they were never out in front of anything on this. Maybe they'll be out in front when the Big Ten announces it will sponsor ice hockey as an official sport.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

God, can you imagined what she'd do if someone tried to step between her and a coach to get the comments at the end of the game?

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think I remember watching some of the Jim Tressel resignation presser on BTN. I guess tattoos are more important than child ass rape.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

BTN is showing Paterno's statue being removed live...

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

They had a rather lengthy show today during the NCAA announcement.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It might be a replay but they're running a show on it now too. Gerry DiNardo & Howard Griffith with Dave Revsine.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are they doing a fantasy dispersal draft?

Draft saved Draft deleted