1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big oops in Arizona high school swimming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Coach of defending state champion didn't know he had to use DirectAthletics to register his kids for the state meet. Girl can't swim now. This goes to show how stupid swim coaches can be.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/preps/nw/articles/2010/11/04/20101104erica-stock-state-swimming-meet-error.html

In reality, no one except swimmer and their parents care about the sport, especially in Phoenix where not many people really care about high school sports in general.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I thought for sure someone had peed in the pool.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I was thinking wardrobe malfunction.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The coach may be an idiot, but you don't penalize the athlete in an individual sport because the coach screwed up.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I remember covering a meet a couple years ago. I just happened to pass by a couple swimmers at the point where one girl was going on about going into the warmup pool to take a piss.

It took a lot not to crack up when I was interviewing her afterward.

(And no, it was not in Arizona.)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

DOODY!!!!!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They put in a chemical that turns blue ***

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The first event I ever covered during my first internship was a swim meet between several of the swim clubs that they have in Southern California.

I was 20 and the writer from the other paper was at least twice my age. The kids participating were 14-16.

The other writer comes up to me and says, "Oh, man, the girl in Lane 4 has the best tits."

I just walked away from him.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think that guy is writing in my neck of the woods.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I expect all those frothing at the mouth over the pink whistle-using refs who were to be suspended for not following the rules come over here and express their outrage.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I imagine it was too far of a walk to the locker room for the young lady to use the restroom. Ugh.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Jorge Posada of swimming?

Draft saved Draft deleted