1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Doings in Dallas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

30 pages, unequivocally, is nuts.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought tight butts drove most guys nuts.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ask Idaho. He's always bragging about his tight tush.

4. 69...take a chill.

I was giving some color and I worked there...it's my perspective. The thread is about the demise of the section/paper. There are terribly creative and talented people who will be or are already losing their jobs...and that's sad.

Your perspective is noted.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm more of a rubber-necker on this DMN deal, but I must admit that my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Do we have details as of yet regarding what people are being offered? It is a straight across the board deal? Is it everybody or just selected personnel?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The good stuff gets lost in the crowd.

7. According to one of the local blogs, it's selective but on a large scale. Almost everybody in the newsroom got a buyout packet. For example, all the Metro side columnists (a mostly tepid bunch) got one, but two sports columnists did not. Guessing, but gotta be Cowlishaw and Blackistone, their two most high-profile columnists. Word is they want out anyway, so it looks like DMN doesn't want to pay them to leave.

Draft saved Draft deleted