1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 25, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rachel's sister does a spot-on imitation of the cocktail waitress sibling. She'll be a target, but I guarantee she'll be the first MVP, so she'll last a week. And Jeff Schroeder, who is doing the interviews, had a nice interview with Amanda's boobs.

2. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Have they outlined what the MVP's power will be? If it is immunity on a week-to-week basis, it's completely unfair to the competition IMO.

3. dooley_womack1

My preseason predictions. Last season, I had Shane beating Danielle, and they both made final four. I had Frank eliminated first, and he did end up on the block in the first true elimination. I had Ian eliminated second, and he would have been eliminated first if not for the coach's save. Of course, Ian won, sooo....

Listings are from first eliminated to winner.
    --David. BB's cross between Spiccoli and Phil Spector will rub some people the wrong way with his aversion to showering and his "whoa, dude" demeanor. And the last surfer dude, Braden, was first out in Jeff's first season.
    --GinaMarie. This famewhore bottle blonde has JoJo written all over her. She'll rub a few the wrong way.
    --Judd. Real knowledgeable of the game, but his admitted temper issue and his "yee-haw" factor will work against him.
    --Nick. His slickness will make him the main target, because Aaryn and Jeremy will probably be in some showmance-physical threat alliances to keep them in. And production will make sure Rachel's sis makes it to jury.
    --Aaryn. Jeremy will backstab her to save himself.
    --Kaitlin. Seems as if she'll cruise for a while, until alliances leave her the most likely to go, unless she gains some charisma and cashes in on her bartender chops.
    --Jeremy. Enough people figure they better get one of the two big physical threats out at this point. The other big threat, Howard, will be a favorite of fellow houseguests, at least to this point. This takes us to the jury/final 2 pool.
    --Spencer. I think he'll be seen the way Joe was last year: not a particular important person to roll with (tho Shane used him well) but not one to get out early. Don't think he has the floater chops of Adam, tho I was tempted to think that way.
    --Elissa. I think she's this year's power player that gets dinged in the chaos of the double elimination. Again, I could see her going sooner if she makes the mistake of trying to deny that Rachel is her sister, and if production can't save her.
    --Jessie. A big fan and a seemingly winning personality. But I think an Amanda-Helen alliance will decide she has to go.
    --Howard. I think everyone realizes they better take him out now.
    --McCrae. Could be this season's Ian as far as flakiness/eagerness to take punishments/slop. I think the others don't want to risk taking him further.
    --Candice. Amanda-Helen will decide it's her time. That leaves a final three of Andy/Amanda/Helen
    --Amanda. Andy (the season's token gay male) will win the final competition, and take Helen with him to final two.
    --Andy. Will be seen as doing a lot of floating and will lose the jury vote to...
    --Helen. She seems as if she will make some strong moves but be seen throughout the season as someone to roll with.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

And I thought I was looking forward to the start of the show.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

First impressions...

The cast sucks. There's usually a couple people who seem likable, but after the first episode, I haven't figured out who those are yet.

I always love the parents who go on there... "I have a 4-year-old and a 2 1/2 year old who are the light of my life..." So, I decided to ditch them for 90 days to go on this show... I'd be curious who the oldest person in the cast is. If there's more than 1-2 over 30, I'd be surprised.

Rachel's sister is in the cast. Stunningly, someone has already figured out who she is, which I think they have to be tipped off... She does look like Rachel, but when the cast member says, "Oh, she's got to be Rachel Reilly's sister..." Her knowing her last name made it seem like BS. Who knows?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I knew Rachel's last name. She whored herself so hard I'd be surprised if anyone who watched the show, owns a TV and/or a computer and isn't 90 didn't know her name.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I knew her last name. And they look eerily alike.

8. dooley_womack1

McCrae shocked everyone by winning HOH. Everyone in the house pretty much thinks Elissa (Rachel's sister) will win MVP and is game-planning around that. Helen is the oldest at 37. I think the cast has potential, as long as the younger women don't spend their time fighting over Jeremy. And Amanda playing stewardess is hawt.

9. Mizzougrad96

I've watched the show pretty religiously, but I think the only last name of a player I could name was "Donato" and that's because it was mentioned about a zillion times the season when Dick and his daughter were on.

I just googled her and apparently she did marry Brendon. I think it's funny that Survivor, Real World and Big Brother have resulted in almost as many marriages as The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

10. Mizzougrad96

They get to put a third person up on the block anonymously.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Egads. Casting this season was done almost exclusively at Westboro Baptist Church events, it seems. According to the webs, the live feeds have been filled with racist and misogynist fare. Oh, joy.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

In the "unnecessary posts" category, I'm a big fan of Howard.

Draft saved Draft deleted