1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 25, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cold-blooded players tend to do pretty well in Big Brother. Dr. Will, Boogie and Evil Dick were three of the most cold-blooded players out there and they all won.

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Gina Marie won part one of the HOH contest and Andy smoked Spencer in part two. GM & Andy will face off in part three live on Wednesday's show for the right to pick the F2.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That is truly a do-or-die Part 3, because they will both take Spencer, so the loser on Wednesday night is totally out of the money

4. Mizzougrad96

I think Spencer-Andy might be closer than people think. (I still think Andy will win).

Gina Marie would crush him.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts. ... I think they got the right result, thankfully. Andy played the game. GM isn't all that bright and not a good communicator,obviously, but anyone had to see how undeserving she was when Amanda asked her what her biggest game move was other than putting McCranda on the block and she had nothing.

I was surprised that Andy chose to go against GM, rather than Spencer. Not that I think he should have lost to either of them, but you never know with the jury. It was the same deal last year, when Ian chose to go against Dan instead of Danielle. But in the end, it doesn't make a difference if you are the most deserving.

My only quibble. I knew that Elissa would get the $25K. It was a no doubter. But it is still total crap and it kind of pisses me off. She won it on day 1, without even doing anything, and if anything, should have lost it with her performance in there. Judd and Howard were 2 and 3 in the voting, but I am sure they didn't even come close. They were each so much more deserving than her.

6. Mizzougrad96

I felt extremely confident in this prediction up until the moment Julie announced that Elissa won the $25K.

I was wrong... Well done Dooley! :D

7. Mizzougrad96

I don't know how Howard would have been deserving. He didn't even make it to jury.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In the past, they announced only the winner of favorite player. I'm sure they made an exception because of Howard getting third. I'm sure it was a case of Elissa 60%/Judd 30%/Howard 3% or somesuch. And how does someone "earn" being best liked? Britney woin for her wicked humor. Frank won because of a hero's edit (tho he did save himself a bunch of times, the biggest save of him was by the show, with the coaches' reset). In a season full of scummy personalities, I can see how Elissa could be considered very likable. And she had the two most dramatic competition wins (the OTEV veto win, and the spectacular save before winning the HOH that brought Judd back into the game. And by being Candice's best friend, she was starkly on the good side of the racist controversy (the emotional hug when they met in the jury return didn't hurt). The AFP award doesn't have to be based on gameplay at all. She sure the hell was probably more deserving than Jeff

And I have a feeling Judd will soon be at an interstate interchange with a sign that reads, "will say 'J-U-Double D Party Darty' for food"

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well done me, too. I told you there was no doubt that Elissa was going to win it.

Making it to jury has nothing to do with "America's favorite." I simply thought Howard was the most likeable person in that house. He stood out that much more because there were some really unlikeable people in there. The mass of stupidity that is America agreed with me, because he was in the top three in voting.

Draft saved Draft deleted