1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Well, I have to admit the first fifteen minutes has me pretty excited. I don't know what it is about this show. Seems like they have a lot of personality. I can't believe the nurse chick lied about being a kindergarten teacher right of the bat -- her stated reasoning being she wanted to portray the naive southern stereotype -- no, no, no. Terrible. She's cute though.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Boogie comes in the door with "Daddy's home!"
    Ha!

3. Point of Order

I hope the coaches don't exert too much influence in strategy. That's 2/3 the fun of watching the feeds.

4. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

You folks talked me into taking a peak at this show. Nice non-cross-section of America got turned into an exclusive white joint after tonight's show. There were more gays than blacks? What's up with that?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As I expected, the female mentors are trying to start an alliance between their teams to target Boogie's player on the bloc, tho they'd be willing to let the member of Dan's alliance on the block to get cashiered if need be. And Britney, whom I really didn't like in her season, is really entertaining, and has a big-time gay crush on Wil, who I think has some good gameplay in him to go with the flamboyant style. Dan is kinda boring, Janelle seems a little off (tho a big-time cutie), and Boogie's sliminess is great entertainment; he and Janelle should have an epic passive-aggressive war.

I hope that the mentors don't eventually become players; they've added a strategy element that has created some intrigue on the feeds.

As for the actual TV show, that was a pisser of a twist, making Dan wield the sword. I'm shocked that Diary Room didn't strongly urge him to keep the only African-American in the cast.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I laughed out loud when Dan said, "Obviously, it's not going to be Kara..."

7. dooley_womack1

Haha, no shit. The wife who was left with the baby back home surely appreciated the choice.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

EW's doing some funny recaps this season. From tonight's, about Ashley (who they are calling "Smashley):

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/big-brother-veto-frank-kara/

9. Point of Order

I've enjoyed the first two eps. The lives feeds have been weighted down with non-stop game talk, more than any previous season, and very little showmance/fights/drama/humor. There was one exception, and a pretty big fight on the feeds last night will surely be a big part of Thursday's show. Britney making Willie HOH was a disaster for her.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Shows what he knows!!

Long summer ahead and they kick the Playboy Playmate out first.

Absolutely freaking wonderful.

11. dooley_womack1

Kara couldn't have done a darn thing to stay. She was mere collateral damage in the feud between Willie and Team Janelle. It's all on Willie; he had Ashley in his back pocket but got so batshit crazy that she had to go with her team out of self-preservation once she was identified as the swing vote.

About the only big drama today will be if Britney wins the coaches' comp and trades Willie for Danielle

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It would be the smart move, though. Dan's down to one player. If his one player is the biggest asshole in the house, nobody is going to feel bad about getting rid of both of them.

I need to see more of the players, but my boy so far is Ian. He's so awkward and such a doof that it actually makes him likeable. I can't see him lasting, but I want him to float under people's radar screens for a while, and see if he can make himself formidable.

I'm not sure I actually LIKE anyone else in there all that much. I dislike Willie, Shane, Wil and Joe. Willie is a jerk, and Shane needs to get over himself.

With Wil and Joe, it is a personality thing. Willie was an idiot to mock Wil, but his impersonation was spot on. It's easy to chalk it up to homophobia (and in the case of Willie, it probably was), but the sassy gay guy persona only works when you are funny, not bitchy. For example, I liked Lawon last season (even thought he was a terrible player). My initial reaction to Wil was negative.

Joe has actually shown some spine, so maybe I will come around on him.

Danielle is filler. Ashley seems really vacuous. JoJo loses me the minute she opens her mouth. And Jenn frightens me.

That leaves Ian for me. I actually don't like the cast that much. I think they spent too much time trying to fill the designated stereotypes and forgot to get interesting people.

Draft saved Draft deleted