1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

We're less than a month away from the July 12 return, with houseguests to be announced shortly. Rumors already abound to that point, one in particular has some former guest returning along with a bunch of newbies.

I hesitate to call them spoilers, but a rundown of the common rumors:
    http://www.yakkityyaks.com/big-brother-14-its-rumor-time/

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I can't wait. I need a good laugh.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Evel Dick is really the only person they could bring back.

I would just assume have an all new cast, but CBS has had quite a bit of success with putting one famous person or one famous couple in with reality casts. The season of Survivor that Boston Rob won was one of the best-rated in a long time, and apparently Brenchel gave Amazing Race a boost.

Since they just had the bulk of them back last season, the only two they could do it with would be Dick or Dr. Will, and there were rumors that Will turned them down for last season.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They had video of the house on Superpass. Looks like some Chuck Taylors/boom boxes/headphones theme. The kitchen is nicely improved tho. A big rumor is that four ex-players are going to be back as mentors. I hope not; let some new blood try to make its way on its own.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I need this show to start now. The lack of decent shows on TV is insane.

It gets better next week when we get a fresh round of the USA and TNT shows, but right now the selection is horrible.

6. dooley_womack1

I had hopes for Glass House, but not having the people up for elimination as part of the broadcast is lame; there's just no drama. Not to mention that dipshit guy who thought he was going to be Evel Dick reincarnate. And the once-a-week broadcast schedule and limited live feeds don't let you get wrapped up in the drama. Tho I do like the concept of letting the competitors get answers from the viewers

7. Killick

Starting to get some houseguest info. Hamsterwatch is compiling. And more rumors: Returners might include Janelle and Mike Boogie.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I loved Mike Boogie for about a week last year when I watched that celebrities-try-to-open-a-restaurant show. But it was weird how he went from second banana to total egomaniac.

I still want to go to his restaurant here in Atlanta, though. :D

9. dooley_womack1

CBS ads have shown 12 people (one guy was not identified by name or occupation). One is an ex-Playmate of the Year, one is the brother of Russell Hantz (which means nothing to me as I have seen a total of one hour of Survivor), and the token gay guy is Carrot Top, only with more brownish hair. Only one African-American so far, a Kalia clone.

According to Evel Dick, there will be four former cast members as mentors. So for Big Brother to have its biggest cast ever, it needs to have at least one more cast member that we don't know about yet.

10. Killick

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. dooley_womack1

If that shows up, I ain't watching

12. dooley_womack1

12 new members (including one who replaced one who was in the commercials) and four returnees (none apparently Rachel, thank God). The returnees (to be revealed next Thursday) will apparently be mentors whose winnings will be tied to whose newbie wins. My prediction: Shane over Danielle for the title.

Draft saved Draft deleted