1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Blue Nation weeps: Pulley dismissed from team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Aug 5, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I got no problem w/ an SJ thread on it. I was talking about ESPN making a front-page story out of a QB who threw the ball 15 or so times (and what I'm assuming is fewer than 50 touches) two years ago getting kicked off the team.

It's a stretch.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Ouch. So much for pride in my alma mater. They had a guy win the D-II Heisman about 10 years ago, but they've sucked since then.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Hey, I went to Eastern Illinois University. So I'm not exactly an elitist when it comes to that sort of thing. We had a Payton winner, too. His name is Tony Romo. What's the Truman mascot? And where is the school? Now I'm curious.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. By then it's old news.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Truman State Bulldogs. Kirksville, Mo. Their women's swim team has won about 10 consecutive national titles, and the volleyball team is usually pretty good. But all the men's teams were terrible while I was there.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Well, if it's in Missouri, it can't be bad. Now, if it was in Indiana, that'd be another story. It's crazy how a school can excel in such a bizarre sport. It just shows you what good coaching and a strong feeder program can do.

7. Writer33

Writer33 Member

Another Kentucky QB got into trouble for being involved in a fight at a bar. From what I hear, he and Billy Gillispie were fighting over a bottle of Makers.

8. Where have you gone Pookie Jones?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Impossible. Billy Clyde would have all the Makers he'd need at his house.

As well as a couple coeds.

Draft saved Draft deleted