1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big 10 to consider adding 12th school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sorry if this is a d_b, but I didn't see it anywhere else. If they do add a 12th, I think they should rename their friggin conference already.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/07/26/bigten.expansion.ap/index.html

2. pallister

pallister Guest

And redo the Big "11" logo.

3. How about the Big 12?

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Agreed Diabeetus. Likewise, I think the Big East should be renamed to something like the Medium East or Mid-Major East.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Or the "Let's See How Many Teams We Can Get To Stick Around A Few Years Before The ACC Steals Them East"

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All of us in B-10 Country have been hearing this shit for nearly a decade now about adding a 12th team to the league.

It'll be the same ol' story in Chicago when the coaches get together. South Bend? Forget it, football will never leave NBC. Missouri? Most logical but no chance. Iowa State? Yeah fucking right. Pittsburgh? Best case scenario, but JoePa has a hard-on against Pitt coming.

Meanwhile, off-topic, the Big 10 Network and Mediacom are bickering over how subscribers will see the new network. B10 wants it on regular (expanded) cable. Mediacom says hell no, you're going to be on digital cable and on a sport-tier package. If anyone wants to watch you, they'll have to bend over for us and take one in the ass.

I haven't see politiking like this since Sinclair and Mediacom were slinging mud back in January. This is going to be fun to watch.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Are you kidding about the Big East?

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Big East got screwed...for the better. No way in hell they are going to get pilfered again.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I personally think they should add Pitt or Iowa State, but that's just me.

Since Big 12's already taken, what would they call themselves? Would they continue calling themselves the Big 10 and look ridiculous?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How many years in a row are we going to hear this same story.

Won't happen.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That 12th spot is for Notre Dame, and Notre Dame alone. Always has been.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It will be Pitt, Mizzouri or Iowa State -- logiclly. Eliminate Iowa State because of TV and it comes down to which is more important: St. Louis/Kansas City TV markets or Pittsburgh and a natural rival for Penn State. West Virginia is the only other possibility; no MAC school fits the bill.
    Notre Dame is too self important and there's no way ND shares TV revenue...

And the Big 10 will stay the Big 10, no matter how many teams it has.. they'll come up with a lame reason on why....

Draft saved Draft deleted