1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible verses on guns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Iron_chet, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I did a search, sorry if this is a DB. This strikes me as really odd with resect to seperation of church and state. Does someone really want a bible verse on a weapon?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1244440/U-S-military-weapons-dubbed-Jesus-guns-inscribed-secret-Bible-messages.html

U.S. military officials have launched an investigation after it was revealed coded Bible passages have been inscribed on high-powered rifle sights being used in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers.

Lawyer and former air force officer Michael Weinstein said the inscriptions play into the hands of those who say the U.S. is on a 'crusade' against Islam.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is that a five or a six?

2 Corinthians 4:6
    For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"[a]made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We are so fucking stupid, sometimes. Inexplicably.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I own one of that company's scopes. Never noticed the Bible quotation until I read that story yesterday.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's some high-powered gospel spreading.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

So I should shoot Jesus in the face?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about some Bible verse that advocated the possession of guns by the citizenry ... seriously.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it was Paul who said we should put on the armor of God and carry some heavy duty firepower.

9. The Big Ragu

Nope, the opposite. It was about some guns that advocate the bible for its citizenry.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But do they help Jesus hit a curve ball?

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Jesus loves me, this I know.
    For the rifle tells me so.
    Little ones to him belong.
    Pull the trigger, then they're gone."

12. The Big Ragu

Turn the other cheek. And if that doesn't work, blast the shit out of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted