1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bibi Kicking Ass in Speech to Congress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

History proved Reagan's. History hasn't been kind to Barack.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Enlighten me, please.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

What exactly has Obama done that is historically damning?

For example, the notion that foreign aid to Israel was debunked earlier in the thread via links to government figures. He supports a West Bank-first approach. So what exactly -- outside of right-wing rhetoric -- has the Obama administration done that is anti-Israel? What, he mentioned that our support of Israel has made us the target of terrorists? That's not true?

We are supposed to suck up to the Israelis, support them, and have them come here and brag about how they don't need us? Fuck them if that's what they think.

I for one am tired of this notion that anything sort of our portraying Israel as beyond reproach is unfathomable and antisemitic.

4. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I just realized something. I truly did.

I thought YankeeFan was trying to be disingenuous with the sloganeering. I honestly did, YF.

And it just struck me. You're not. It's really all you know. So I won't ask for more from you. That's a promise.

You are, of course, being a complete disingenuous shit when it comes to my position on Egypt. As it relates to this thread, though, yes, I recall saying, "Mubarak is no doubt a dictator, but we paid him off to keep the peace with Israel. And while democracy is good, in theory, democratic elections in Palestine led to Hamas winning elections and taking charge in Palestine. So I am sure our government has reservations, specifically relating to Israel." Yeah, I stand by that.

And my interest in the subject predates my knowing who Barack Obama was. And this latest snafu, frankly, is only tangentially related to Obama. The timeline isn't his. The Palestinians are going to try to unilaterally declare a state in September. Without our veto -- there's where Obama comes in -- they will be successful. So if you still think it was smart of Bibi to pull this shit, you're playing some kind of 11-dimensional chess I simply don't comprehend, I am sure.

Here's your speck on a timeline. A child born in a refugee camp in Gaza on the day the last foreign army walked on Israeli soil turns 38 this October.

You yourself have asserted Israeli military independence and superiority all over this thread. I don't disagree with you. They're not gonna lose a war, not if all their neighboring countries band together and invade. We wouldn't permit it, even if it were to happen.

None of that changes the need to sit down and try to work out the situation in Gaza. No foreign army can destroy Israel. But the occupation can.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because you only care to know the history of one side. Objectively try to see both sides of the history and get back to me.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm now convinced that the real enemy in the Middle East is Israel.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nobody puts Bibi in the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.