1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It was probably a stuck key or something. I didn't mean to bust on the guy. But it is kinda funny in this environment of three signatures on proofs and suspensions over unaligned baseball boxes.

2. tracheortreat

tracheortreat New Member

Has anyone read Erin's latest column? Pretty weak.

By Aaaron Bracy, TRENTON -- Hank Aaaron had a calling -- no, not the Major Leagues or the worshipping of the deity Baaal, but to own the most aaardvarks in New Canaaan, Conn. Now don't confuse the aaardvark with the aaardwolf (a common mistake). The aaardwolf, a striped hyenalike animal, is a worthy carnivore in its own right; however, when it ages, it simply dies rather than sign up for AAARP. The Triple-A team, the Trenton Thunder, considered using the aaardwolf as its logo, but ultimately went with the consonant-friendly Thunder instead. When Aaaron was recently fender-bendered near his New Canaaan home, instead of calling AAAA, he was shocked to see "Something New" actress Sanaaa Lathan and eight aaardvarks -- on their way to the Transvaaal -- repair the damage while singing "Baaa Baaa Blacksheep."

3. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

omfg!

I think that was the first time this thread made me laugh.

4. Wildcat_Kaui

Wildcat_Kaui New Member

was this a story about a AAA baseball player?

5. boots

boots New Member

AA

6. Executive editor news
    The Trentonian thought it had reached an agreement to hire an executive editor. This person is not currently at a JRC paper and never before was a JRC employee. He never actually officially accepted the job although acting editor Matt DeRienzo believed that this person was taking the job. This person eventually declined so the executive editor position remains open.
    Assistant sports editor news
    The Trentonian is looking to hire an assistant sports editor for its sports section but this person will not be receiving a salary any larger than any other starting copy editor/paginator and the duties will be 95 percent the same as all other copy editor/paginators. DeRienzo believes that although the salary won't be higher than other copy editors'/paginators' it will be attractive to the right candidate because of the title. His plan is to find a copy editor/paginator and just call him assistant sports editor.
    Librarian news
    The plan is to phase out this position entirely. The longtime employee who currently fills this role is already being given less time to handle the duties of maintaining the paper's library-----which includes print copies of The Trentonian and other area newspapers, archived photographs, microfilm and computer-archived articles. The plan is to give the librarian full-time duties in editorial or dispatch but still require this person to perform all librarian tasks.
    Computer news
    The Trentonian is still using computers that are ten years old and run on Windows 98. But the paper is tentatively scheduled to receive all new or refurbished computers this month. Also the paper will be eliminating its use of the Dewarview editorial system and QuarkXPress layout system in favor of a much cheaper European system. Journal Register Company is installing this "alfa" system at all of its papers. JRC is the first North American media company to purchase and use this "alfa" system. (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:MVxQi2xi_T4J:www.alfa.de/en/index.php%3Fnews%3D20070128152140+alfa+journal+register&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us)

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The only person I know who calls people "cat" is the biggest ass-kissing douche I've ever met. Not saying Ear is the same, ummm, dawg, but, really, spare us the faux hipsterism.

8. boots

boots New Member

Frank, you don't use vile words so I have to believe you.

9. That's a good, little JRC mark, Frankie. Try to distract folks, from how awful JRC is and how AB is a columnist who "sucks" but is impersonating an SE, by mocking a word I like to use. Feel free as a bird to mock the word "cat." No hard feelings here. We know that you are just trying to change the subject so you can protect AB and JRC. You got your JRC gold star for the day.

Speaking of biggest ass-kissing douche, here's a tissue to wipe off your filthy nose. Clearly your face has spent a little too much time buried between the backside cheeks of AB and Jelloneck.
    [​IMG]
    At least you are still helping to keep this thread alive. For that, I thank you.

10. You really need to drop this line, ear. Since you've posted more than 20 times on this thread in the last week, it's obvious that it's going to continue whether Frank or I or anyone else posts.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Anyone who knows me knows what you're saying couldn't possibly be further from the truth. You just make yourself look stupid.

Do you really think people who have not been exposed to JRC are going to benefit from the insights of deranged people like you? No, they are going to look at your posts and think this is a bitter person who can't move on. Much like the paper itself, your intended message would hit its target better if it adjusted its tone. Much like the paper itself, your shrillness and pettiness attract only those people who like being entertained by car wrecks, not people who wish to be informed.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's really the point right there.

ear, you haven't hurt JRC one bit with anything you've posted here, because everyone is considering the source. You're just making an ass of yourself ...

cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.