1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better racism, less pizza, Papa Johns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Jul 12, 2018.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, now he's really gone and done it.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As of this season, 21 MLB teams had a promotional deal with The Official Pizza of the Alt-Right.
    Kicking Papa John's to the curb at least for now: Marlins, Orioles, Rays and, to my surprise, the Royals.
    No comment yet: Braves, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Astros, Dodgers, Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Phillies, Pirates, Padres, Mariners, Cardinals, Rangers, Walgreens.
    Affirming the sanctity of their relationship: Dbacks. The home team of conservative hero Joe Arpaio will stick by Papa.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Even though its owner is an idiot, I still think Papa John's kicks the crap out of Domino's as far as nationwide delivery chains go.

wicked, SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They're just going to have to change the name, I think.

6. Steak Snabler

I agree.

I mean, no one is saying that it beats the mom & pop shop on the corner in Brooklyn, but Papa John's was always my favorite among Domino's, Pizza Hut and Godfathers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, if you can't find a local pizza place in your berg that is better than Dominoes or Pappa John's, it is time to, as the Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, "move out of the sticks, fellas".

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Seriously. The guy had it all. And just like that he's in the gutter, not even looking at the stars.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dude's worth at least half a billion dollars. He'll be fine.

10. Steak Snabler

See, the key is, they bring it to your house.

poindexter likes this.
  11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This formerly was a sticking point, but with Uber Eats and other services like Zifty and Door Dash, I can get actual good pizza delivered to my house. At least here in the sticks of metro Atlanta.

melock and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted