1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No, but I thought he looked familiar. I was trying to place him as a minor Breaking Bad character maybe.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And that opening shot with the wanted posters was fantastic. You could almost read it. Wanted Saul Goodman. AKA Jimmy McGill.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm still not really feeling it with this show. I think we're all giving it credit for being better than it actually is because of the greatness of Breaking Bad. Seven hours in and I feel like I'm watching out of duty more than enjoyment.

At the end of an episode I don't have that "can't wait till next week" feeling that I get with shows such as Billy and Billie (which is on tonight).

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This episode did not advance the storyline, and that was the main disappointment. It's Jimmy doing good (at his own expense), and we want to see Saul doing bad. The drawback of a long serial is the deferment of the big reveal, especially when we know how it ends.

This show's episodes don't end in cliffhangers, typically, which is an interesting production decision.

They did finally dispense with the Kettlemans this week, though. The batshit broad came close to stealing the show. And the sequence of Mike staking out the Kettlemans and then breaking in to get the money stash was perfection.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am feeling it with this show - and I wasn't really looking forward to it. I can't explain it but I like it a lot.

"You better get off cloud cukoo land and take this deal"

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't think we're done with them yet. I think they were shown doing something inconsiderate in the trailer for next week's episode.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I liked this episode. You see Jimmy and Mike's relationship evolving and using underhanded methods to do the right thing has to be the beginning of the slippery slope.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I inadvertently deleted the episodes off the PVR so I watched the back to back episodes last night. I anticipated what Mike was doing but still got right into it, great story telling. The new episode hooked me as well, not as intense but I am enjoying the back story.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm one episode behind.

I'm all in. The episode with Mike's backstory is by far the best yet.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I hope not. Betsy Kettelman is sneaky hot:

Julie Ann Emery - IMDb

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

That's where I am. I liked the episode about Mike because Mike is interesting. I don't like Jimmy . I don't care what happens to him. I'm watching because of Breaking Bad.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yea, solid show, but I never would have watched it w/out Breaking Bad and probably never would pick it up later.

Draft saved Draft deleted