1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Business Bureau rocks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The 2-4 days doesn't matter. The 2-4 days for the refund was forced because the BBB went to bat for me. They told me on the phone it would be 5-20 days and then I hung up and filed a claim because 5-20 days is bullshit. Just like charging someone's credit card 10 days before they send anything. Just like the owner of a company e-mailing you late at night bitching you out and basically calling you an idiot.

Fuck that company. They tried to jerk me around and figured I was like every other schmuck out there and instead I followed through and filed a complaint. Oh well. Treat your customers better.

Oh, and IJAG, as far as your trying to say people on this thread wouldn't be this nice to angry readers, that is bullshit too. I'm always nice to them on the phone, I just bitch about it afterward.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I used the BBB once and it proved to be a toothless organization that helped me with nothing other than putting a small mark on the offender's record. Woo-hoo, thanks for nothing.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I had pretty much the same experience. If the BBB doesn't do anything and the business doesn't care about a bad mark, nothing will happen. Two years later, I'm still pissed about the locksmith that ripped me off.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Angola,

I wasn't saying people wouldn't be nice to readers. I was saying anyone that comes on here and posts about some asshole who left some blistering voice mail or sent some rude e-mail or called their editor about them, the responses are always 90 percent "Fuck that guy. You should tell him where to stick it!"

What the person in question does is irrelevant. My post was regarding OTHERS' advice, just as I was questioning forever_town's advice and not your response. If that makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted