1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best/worst TV season enders/twists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The end of Season 1 of Dexter, when he kills his brother to save his sister

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd like to get involved in this thread but can I ask a small favor? For the sake of spoilers, can we say the show, the season and then give our thoughts?

I'm really just trying to stay spoiler free on any post-season 3 Dexter talk (Just catching up for the first time now) and any West Wing stuff (Never seen the show but it's high on my queue).

With that out of the way, here's my contribution:

Lost (Season 3) -> The "We have to go back" ending absolutely slayed me. What a trippy, trippy episode overall but once the pieces of the puzzle were put in place, I couldn't help but think "Wow"!

24 (Season 1) -> There's just something about the way Nina cold bloodily killed Terri that still haunts me to this day. I don't know if it's because it was so different from any other show I was used to at that point but I was truly surprised they went the way they did on this.

The Shield (Season 5)-> Even though I had this spoiled for me, I couldn't believe what Shane did to Lem. It's just so heartbreaking knowing what you know as an audience member.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How about you just don't click this thread? :D

4. schiezainc

It's way too difficult for me to see a TV thread and not want to click on it.

Besides, I can't be the only one who's intrigued but hasn't gotten around to seeing certain shows that many consider great.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not so good/bad:

[​IMG]

Maddening:

[​IMG]

Downright stupid:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

As others have pointed out, the Season 5 finale to The Shield was stunning and the entire series finale episode was great as well.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i've NEVER seen 'dexter' but sure sounds right up my alley. guess i've got a lot of catching up to do, eh? i should get the dvd's and watch 'em in place of 'the killing' whenever season 2 begins... :D ;) 8)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

shockey, you so should. I got caught up on it late in Season 1, or early in Season 2. Can't remember. Came highly recommended on here. It can't be recommended highly enough.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Schieza- you can't ask people to refrain from "spoiling" shows like The West Wing when it's been off the air for five years! Am I allowed to mention what happened at the end of M*A*S*H?

Agree with season one of 24. So brutal and shocking. I also loved, loved the finale of Six Feet Under. Haunting and beautifully done.

11. schiezainc

I just think it's a common courtesy considering both I and many of the other members of this board have received a lot of great recommendations on TV shows we might not have otherwise checked out thanks to this board.

I understand it's kind of understood that in a thread like this you're going to have spoilers but I feel like I should be able to comment on how great the ending to Season One of Dexter was without having to worry about spoiling someone who hasn't seen it and/or getting spoiled to the ending of season four of Lost.

If I'm in the minority though, I get it, continue as planned.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Some asshole told me the boat sank and ruined Titanic.

Draft saved Draft deleted