1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Wii games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

That's what I was thinking. We bought it - and the light sabers - but haven't opened it up yet. I think my kid will be blown away when she sees it and the light sabers on Christmas Day.

As a big kid, I am a bit disappointed that they couldn't make the controls better.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Got the Kids Wii Fit and the Shaun White Snowboarding game

3. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Word of warning: If you haven't already, don't buy light saber attachments from Penguin United. Package says they go with all the light saber games, but in reality they don't work. There's no hole for the nunchucks, and the sensor doesn't work in the handle. It's a mighty big ripoff. I think my wife paid about $20 for them.

Company's website has about a hundred complaints on it.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Just wanted to add to this old thread.

We just got Wii Resort Sports and I love it. It has rekindled our love for the Wii, which had been collecting dust over the past few months.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I'm pretty sure my wife got me the new Lego Indiana Jones game. The first one was one of my all-time favorite video games. Right up there with Super Tecmo Bowl.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The sword dueling game is one of my favorites. Also, I highly recommend the new Mario to anyone still looking for a gift.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My wife and I still play some, but I cannot wait until the little girl in the avatar is old enough to play.

Right now she just stands on the fit board and watches Pandas pound her head.

I think in about a year, she will be actively playing some of the games.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Bought Rock Band for the wife for Christmas. We played it at a friend's party a couple months ago, and it was a blast.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

My wife bought a Wii for the kids (and me!) for Christmas and I can't wait for Friday to get here. I'm not sure what games she got for it, I tried to keep some things a surprise.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The bowling in that base sports disk is the freeking bomb.

11. My family (me and the wife are early 30s, and we have a 3yo daughter) has hit a home run with each game we've bought so far.

-We all love the Wii Sports that came with the console.
    -I loved Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.
    -We all loved Wii Music.
    -Daughter is just getting over a borderline unhealthy obsession with a Disney Princesses game. Enchanted Journey, I think it's called.
    -We recently got Beatles Rock Band, and all love it. (We added the regular Rock Band as well.)
    -We also got EA Sports Active (based on bad reviews we had heard about Wii Fit), and I use it a lot. It's helped me (along with cutting out soda) shed almost 20 pounds. I'm already looking forward to getting the More Workouts that just released, which adds (much-needed for me) ab workouts.

Loving the Wii. As a person who grew up in the heart of the NES era, it's fun to be back with Nintendo.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

MadWorld. But hide it so the kids can't find it.

Draft saved Draft deleted