1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best video game of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

That has to be an interesting story.

As for my favorites:

I started with the Commodore 64 games and was hooked on "Impossible Mission" (it has some creepy synthesized voice "Stay awhile, stay foreverrrrrrr!"), "G.I. Joe" and especially "Hardball." Then there was the strange appeal of competing in the biathlon in "Winter Games."

For Nintendo, it was "Little League World Series," "Contra" and, of course, "Tecmo Bowl.

After that, it's all about "NCAA Football."

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Marios 1 and 3 are the two that I spend the most time on at home. I'd love to get one of those preloaded controllers that has a bunch of games to include Zaxxon. I'm sure I'd be better at it now, and that weird perspective made it really interesting.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had a full ride on academic scholarships to Local U, but needed to maintain a 3.0 or better. I got a 3.3 first semester and did so without really trying.

The next semester, I took several difficult courses, including calculus (god knows why). I had also befriended a couple of football players who lived upstairs from me.

That friendship got even better when I purchased a little-known game called Goldeneye. They were able to get beer. I was able to provide the best damn multiplayer game ever made.

They would often show up with a 30-pack of Bud Light and a jones to blow people up with proximity mines. I couldn't get enough Bud Light or Goldeneye. So, too often, I wound up skipping class and trying slap a couple of meatheads to death.

The combination of difficult courses, not enough time spent in class and wayyyyy too much grenade launching led to a 1.3 second semester.

I could have gotten my scholarships back if I got my cumulative GPA back to 3.0. I finished my final semester with a 2.99.

Now I cover high school swimming.

Lousy goddamn video game.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And for those of you looking for a quick fix ... http://www.virtualnes.com/play/play.php?id=A333&s=10

5. NES: Super Mario Bros., ExciteBike and Tecmo Bowl
    SNES: Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball and Super MarioKart

My winner is KGJ Baseball. I spent half my childhood playing that game (the first one; the second one sucked).

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Holy cow. Sorry, man.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Lots of great games mentioned here, but I can't believe no one has said Tetris yet.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Don't be. It was my own damn fault. Chalk it up as an expensive lesson in responsibility.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

The original Atari 2600 Pac Man.

Or Adventure. I think that was the name.

Assiasin's Creed looks really cool, but I'm 35 so I kind of gave up video games.

10. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Eight years? Rookie...I've played 10 years on Heisman with Chattanooga State. Started in the MAC, now I dominate the SEC. I've also had countless other dynasties that have gone more than 15 years. That was in college though...now I only go 10 or so before I give up and try again with a worse team

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wrong. Blades of Steel had fighting.

Edit: Ice Hockey for NES too, but the fighting was pretty lame.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

he said without. they had it before and took it out in 94... remember the part in swingers where they talk about them taking out the fighting, but you can make little wayne's head bleed for super fan 99 over here

'mortal kombat on sega genesis is the best video game ever.'
    'i disagree. it is a very good game, but i think donkey kong is the best game ever.'
    'donkey kong sucks.'
    'you know something? you suck.'

Draft saved Draft deleted