1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best uniform of all time is____________.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportscentral, Apr 12, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was a throwback, and they only wore it a few times that season. And the Cardinals wore a red alternate in, I believe, 2008 -- but they only wore them on Sundays, and auctioned them off for charity after the season.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Really?

Mine
    MLB: Tie between Yankees, Cardinals, A's, Royals (their whole look is awesome).
    NFL: Chargers, Colts, Jets
    NHL: Blackhawks, Red Wings
    NCAAB: North Carolina (however biased that selection may be)
    NCAAF: Penn State, Michigan

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Any Lingerie Football League uniform.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fruity?

I don't even know what you mean by that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

The Tampa Bay Bucs' old uniforms looked fruity. As in orangish. Very orangish. Sort of tangarinish.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

MLB: Yankees pinstripes (as much as I hate them...)
    NFL: Saints all-blacks (Chargers' powder blue jersey is a close second)
    NBA: Celtics home whites
    NHL: Canadiens reds
    CFB: Tennessee orange
    CBK: Kansas (love the old-timey lettering)

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

MLB = Old Astros
    NHL = Red Wings red jerseys
    NBA = Old Denver Nuggets
    NFL = Chargers Powder Blues

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A couple of people have mentioned Kansas basketball, which is a homer pick for me, but I also legitimately like the color scheme. I couldn't get as pumped up to wear purple or orange. This would be my favorite KU vintage.

[​IMG]

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Kingston Frontenacs (Ontario Hockey League) wore this uniform inspired by the attire of Kingston native Don Cherry.

[​IMG]

And I love this uniform which the Kitchener Rangers, also of the OHL, wore to commemorate the Memorial Cup in 2008. The Cup was founded in 1919 as a war memorial trophy.

[​IMG]

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And since the Royals have been mentioned, I actually thing this KC team had better duds.

[​IMG]

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

MLB: Cincinnati Reds. Love all three of their uniforms. Classic look, not too busy, and the red Sunday alternates really pop.

NFL: Oakland Raiders. Another classic look that hasn't changed much over the years. Again, not too busy, and both the black/silver and white/silver combos look sharp.
    Also like the Saints' unis when they wear the gold pants (both black and white jerseys), the Cowboys' home unis and the Redskins' red jersey/white pants combo. And the Seahawks' look has grown on me over the years, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.
    The Chargers and 49ers were both better before their most recent incarnations.

NBA: Gotta go with the Lakers. The yellow home jerseys are just cool, different and sort of retro. And, for some reason, basketball is the one sport where all-yellow uniforms really look good.

NCAA FB: Hate Auburn, but damn their uniforms are cool. Perfect mix of light and dark colors, and another classic look that they haven't screwed with.
    One thing I love about SEC football is that, other than some differences in material and such, most of the teams have kept the same look throughout the years. Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Georgia are all more or less the same now as they were 50 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted