1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best uniform change: NBA, NHL, MLB edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Sep 29, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

College division threadjack.

[​IMG]

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Oregon too often looks like they lost a bet.

The Bruins are going to use the 1970's style jersey's as third jerseys.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

nothing beats a tron joke

well done

unthreadjack -- loved the royals changes back to tradition this season

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The Pittsburgh Penguins switching back to the skating Penguins logo. Likewise, the Islanders ditching the Gordon's Fish Sticks fisherman and going back to the Long Island logo.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Vancouver Canucks haven't had a good jersey since ditching the old hockey stick logo in the late '70s. They've used it a few times in the past couple of years but they need to make it a permanent switch.

The Penguins going back to the old logo was good, now they should change colours back to the double blue ones they wore through the '70s.

The Toronto Blue Jays should go back to the glory day logo and uniforms of the late '80s and early '90s. If they had spent as much money, time and energy on baseball as they've spent on new logos every couple of years, they might have made the playoffs at least once since 1993.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really digging the new Bucks jerseys. Updated, but classy and back to their old colors. Never really liked the switch to purple.

As for others, I heard the Diamondbacks were switching their entire color scheme next season. No more teal colors.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It'll be Christmas in Milwaukee all through the NBA season.. but those do look better than the ones before.

And Hoops, I second the KC return to purity. If Dayton Moore is allowed to do his thing, I'll consider getting one of those road gray numbers. Very sweet looking.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm definitely digging the Bucks new duds. As a lifelong Bucks fan, they never FELT like the Bucks when they had the gay-ass purple, even though they ended up having the purple longer in my frame of reference than the green-and-red.

Even though I hate them, the White Sox current uni's are their best ones in my frame of reference. I wish they'd go to their early 70s red uni's though.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I want a return to the shorts, just to see Bobby Jenks' fat ass pitch in polyester shorts.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think the Bruins have got the best collection of classic looks out there:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The players in pictures 2-5 are Bill Cowley, Herbie Cain, Milt Schmidt and Bobby Orr. The picture of Orr is from an exhibition game in his rookie year. He switched his number from 27 to 4 for the last two preseason games.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

LOVED the George Brett-era roadies.

12. accguy

accguy Member

That Bucks jersey is a significant upgrade from the purple ones with the elks lodge head on them.

I have seen photos of the new Anaheim (don't call them Mighty) Ducks jerseys and they seem to be pretty good.

Someone mentioned the White Sox, I like the road greys, but not the home whites.

Others I like:

Canadians -- red
    Maple Leafs -- either color
    Dodgers -- home
    Celtics -- either color
    Cincinnati Reds -- road
    Royals -- road
    Cubs -- home
    Pirates -- both

Some I wish would return:

agree with the Canucks with the stick
    I still love the Hartford Whalers sweaters