1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best unaffiliated writers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Insider, Apr 30, 2013.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

After last week's bloodletting at USA Today, Saraceno has vaulted to the top of this list.

2. JPsT

JPsT Member

I assumed he mostly meant freelancers.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I read Monte's blog every day and chat occasionally on Twitter. The fact that Gaston dumped him out of the blue and he wasn't immediately picked up by someone should tell NASCAR and the industry something about both's future. He is, in my opinion, the best available NASCAR write out there, and he is sitting home writing about the races on his own by watching TV.

I really hope he gets picked up (if he wants to be) or he book sales sky rocket. He's working on finishing his third novel. He doesn't deserve to not make a living.

4. mythirdalt

mythirdalt Member

Um hello, Jay Mariotti? The man is a lord poet and we are mere serfs.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by, Jay.
    Your resume will be kept on file for six months.

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Thanks for that, I really love hearing from and reading anything he puts out there. He's a pretty decent writer and a thoughtful dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted