1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best TV resumés

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I left out currently.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Also a supporting role on "The Ropers," which should automatically bar him from any "best" discussion ever.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Played a quirky judge on Hill Street Blues, too. If I remember correctly, his character had a crush on Capt. Furillo's wife.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think he was also about three or four different people on Three's Company. I know he was the husband of the neighbor couple after the Ropers moved.

5. old_tony

If you're old enough to list males such as Klugman, Garner and Morgan, how could you not recall Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy, Here's Lucy, The Lucy Show) or Mary Tyler Moore's two huge shows?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stephen J. Cannell, the king of 80s and 90s syndication deserves a shout-out.
    Also Jack Webb. He was a bit of a one-trick pony, with the public servant genres, but he was damn good at it and damn prolific.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Roles on two of the greatest TV shows ever though...

Ed O'Neill

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But didn't they just redo the same character?

9. old_tony

Not TV, but he was also a lawyer friend to Al Pacino's character in "And Justice For All," which was the first movie I ever saw on this new pay thing called Home Box Office at my grandparents' house in the middle '70s.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tyler Moore is the leader among women. I Love Lucy was great, but The Lucy Show really feels like a knockoff, particularly when Vivian Vance was the costar. As I understand it, Here's Lucy and especially Life with Lucy were flops, though Here's Lucy had good ratings at first because The Lucy Show was so popular.

My dad was a huge fan, so I've seen every episode of I Love Lucy and many from The Lucy Show. Here's Lucy and Life with Lucy were never shown in syndication that I recall.

Angela Lansbury is another top pick. Kristen Bell might be the sleeper, particularly if House of Lies continues.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Aaron Sorkin, so far, has created 4 TV shows: Sports Night, The West Wing, The Newsroom and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. All of them are/were top quality.

12. old_tony

I don't think so. Lucy Ricardo (married) and Lucy Carmichael (single) and Laura Petrie (married) and Mary Richards (single). I don't think they were the same at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted