1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best TV high schools

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 25, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I miss Boston Public, dammit.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or was that room just so versatile that it had the power to house all those classes?

If you watch Boy Meets World -- and I'm sure a lot of these shows are the same; I know Fresh Prince is (a classroom doubled as the principal's office and the gym for Carlton's little speed accident) -- you can see the bathroom is also Feeny's office, among other things.

3. doctorx

doctorx Member

How about Milwaukee Jefferson?

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Jefferson High is worthy of mention (and anyone who doesn't think so can sit on it)

LA's Carver High School should also be shown some love in this thread.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bayside had a staircase, a hallway, a principal's office, three classrooms and a gym built for four-square. Oh and an auditorium with no stage...
    Loser city.

No love for Mayfield High?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Back in 1997 a friend of mine in the movie bidness set the wife and I up with a private VIP tour of the Paramount lot. The guy doing the tour showed us their HR building which also doubled as Jefferson High. Very cool.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Preppy, what are you doing Friday? You need to get out, dude.

8. Mikey, what happened to...

"Bayside is a school that's cool you and you know that it's true (know that it's true, know that it's true)
    The girls are the coolest and the guys are the hippest too (the hippest too, the hippest too)"

That would be the school song if it weren't for (who was it?) spiking Zach's drink with lemon juice.

9. Deering High never would have fared well in the real Indiana high school basketball tournament.

After all, they never would have hosted a sectional...a big factor in those pre-class days.

Of course, the year they won the state title with Dick Butkus coaching...Indiana University's arena looked shockingly like Deering's gym with a banner plastered above the bleachers.

I was also thinking about Carver High...the acoustics in the shower were great.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What happened to it? It was a great show.

11. doctorx

doctorx Member

What about Riverdale High? The Archies turned out a No. 1 single, you know.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sunnydale High over New York City High School for the Performing Arts in the finals.

Draft saved Draft deleted