1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best towns for an A*& whipping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 25, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Have you been to the Blue Moon or Packer's Roost? Scary, scary, scary shit out there. Plus both my ex, sorta current boyfriend and best friend got in fights out there.

Butte's probably worse though.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Is the Packer's Roost in Butte?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nope. Right outside of C-Falls. Infamous as the bar that shows up the most in the local daily's cops roundup as well as for naked football games in the back.

4. boots

boots New Member

Hey, don't forget about Phoenix and Portland. Nice cities to get that ass kicked and locked up at the same time.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Savannah, Ga. -- been there twice and it got surly late at night both times.

I'll second Buck's Philly vs. Camden argument. They'll kick your ass in Philly but beat the living shit out of you accross the river. Camden hasn't been named the worst city in America before for no reason.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

New Mexico contribution:
    Albuquerque will fuck you up.
    I wouldn't want to be wandering around at night in Española, either.
    Gallup's community assailants can do some damage.
    But South Valley in Albuquerque takes the Land o' Disenchantment prize.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Went with a photographer one afternoon to Sims, Ill., a small town in Southern Illinois -- basically a four-way stop with a few houses and a bar.

The town was one of three or four that had been hit by a tornado that day. Stopped with the photographer where the town bar, the Sims Tavern, had once stood. All that was left was the pool table, upon which five former Sims Tavern patrons sat. They saw us coming over, and one warned us to stay off his bar's property.

We told them we weren't looking to loot -- just take some pictures.

"Come any closer and I'll fucking shoot you dead," was his response.

The other four nodded in agreement. One of them spit out a stream of tobacco juice and slowly got up from the pool table, preparing (I assume) to help his pal make good on his promise.

Um, ok.

Behind us all this time was an Illinois State Police officer. The photog looked at him and asked, "They always like this out here?"

Cop says, "Nawwww... They're usually worse. Came out here two weeks ago after a guy got thrown through one of the bar's windows. Pretty good throw, too -- guy weighed 250 pounds and the window was only 3 feet wide by 3 feet tall. I think the storm really calmed these ol' boys down today."

So to SportsJournalists.com, I nominate Sims, Ill., as a good place to get your ass kicked.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Good call on Petersburg. Newport News is a decent place to go get your ass whipped. too.

9. boots

boots New Member

LJB, I'll raise you Hampton. Also lest we forget about Newark, N.J. and that nice little place called Erie, Pa. Cleveland makes it as an honorable mention.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Olympia? I was as drunk and obnoxious in Olympia, Washington one time and not a damn thing happened. There are much worse towns between there and Seattle.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jackson, Mississippi, on a Saturday night.
    Especially when there's three of them
    and only one of you.

12. boots

boots New Member

This just in from Ass Kicking Central News. Atlanta and Columbia, S.C. have made the list, just ahead of Knoxville, Tenn.

Draft saved Draft deleted