1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best throwbacks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Feb 14, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yeah, I'm a uniform nerd. Anyway, since we've discussed the worst, how about the best of the mothballed designs?

I'll start us off with some baseball. Here's my favorite Cubs uni- from the early 50s. Very simple- no pinstripes. The zipper front was a popular style in the 50s. Wishbone "C" on the cap.
    [​IMG]

The Mets, back before the black monstrosities.
    [​IMG]

Brown's a much-maligned uni color, but during the Brownies' last two years in St. Louis, they dropped orange from their color scheme and sported this nice, clean look. Ol' Satch wore this ensemble in his belated MLB tenure.
    [​IMG]

And then there's the original Rangers gear, with the awesome "old west" font. Only complaint here is that damn 70s stretch waistband instead of a belt.
    [​IMG]

2. Flash

Flash Guest

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Think they wore these for the 1992-92 season or thereabouts anyway ...

[​IMG]

4. Flash

Flash Guest

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

6. When the NFL had their 75th Anniversary, there were some great looking throwbacks. I have always liked the Lions with the plain silver helmet, blue jersey with silver letters. Thought Barry Sanders looked like such a bad ass with that uni and the socks pulled high.

Also always liked the San Diego throwbacks and the Broncos orange jerseys with the stripes on the sides.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Testify, brother.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

How do you look at this and not think class?

[​IMG]

I'm glad they're (kinda) bringing them back this season.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

[​IMG]

In time...oh yes, in time, you will be mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game
    Set
    Match

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Best uni ever. I keep hoping my wife will take the hint that I want the LT for some Christmas or birthday.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Nothin' too fancy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted