1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Throwback Sweaters---Hockey division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bless you all for posting Whalers unis.

Of course you can't get a replica uni b/c the city owns the logo and name. Fuck. Oh well maybe the Penguins will move there. What's that? Oh.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hey, feel free to hop on the Penguins bandwagon. You, too, can enjoy a Stanley Cup victory either this year or the next!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I post this for two reasons

1) In my opinion, it's one of the top five greatest hockey sweaters EVER
    2) My brother in law's father played for them .

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That is cool . . . almost as cool as the Hawks' black and white horizontal stripes of the '30s.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of the color green, but I could live with a well-done Ron Francis sweater.

Oh ... that availability issue. Never mind.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Darn it all, Corky!

You posted the Saints jersey before I could.

I want one for Christmas (hint, hint to anyone out there who could let my hubby know since he's ignored all the sledgehammer hints I've dropped over the years.)

Or a North Stars jersey.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I can't help with the sweater search, but Hockeybeat and I found vintage-style Whalers t-shirts at the NHL Store in Manhattan. They're crazy expensive though, $44 for short-sleeved and I think around $60 for long-sleeved.

There's always eBay!

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mr. Cougar and I were at a Bs game not too long ago and saw a California Golden Seals jersey. I nearly shelled out money for it.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/uploaded/rad93E051834F.JPG

Also, seeing the atrocities that were the Washington Capitals' jerseys from 1996 to 2007 ...

http://www.daynshockey.com/catalog/washington%20capitals%20blue%20gonchar%20front.jpg

... it made me long for the days of the Rod Langway-era sweater.

http://www.tropicalwarners.com/caps/photos/langway.jpg

10. Sam Mills 51

Congrats on Post No. 2,112, cougar (someone please get that reference ... ).

Those Caps sweaters were awful. When it switch from that hideous junk to black, it got better. The somewhat back-to-the-future look this past season was best.

I can only hope any Whalers shirt will be blue. The green isn't that sharp unless it's the actual sweater.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2,112? What's the Rush?

12. Sam Mills 51

None now. There was no Big Money on it ...

Draft saved Draft deleted