1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best stand-up comics most people haven't heard of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Swardson's finest work by far ....

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Love Swardson - he stole every scene he was in in Grandma's Boy and was tremendous in Blades of Glory. I've seen Brian Regan multiple times...very, very good choice. Boulger's well-known in Massachusetts and will be a household name at some point.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The wife and I are going to see Louis CK in Nashville next month. I know a little about him, but I'm not sure if he fits into the category of "comic most people haven't heard of." Funny dude.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Second on Greg Giraldo.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Adam Sandler wrote that stuff, and Gay Robot actually appeared on his disc, "Shh ... Don't Tell."

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

He had a very underrated show on HBO in 2006 called Lucky Louie. It was cancelled after one season and got mostly terrible reviews, but it was funny shit. Another comic giant, Jim Norton, played an awesome character in it and the lady who does the voice of Bobby Hill was Louie's wife. There were a bunch of other great stand-up comics with roles in the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I love Lucky Louie. that's how I discovered Louis CK. And I watched it mainly to see Norton, who is one of the funniest comics I've ever seen. Saw him in Nashville last year. Fantastic show. Took pictures afterward. Real cool guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Jeff Kreisler - Some great political humor. Ivy league grad. Has done some behind the scenes stuff at Comedy Central, but no on-camera stuff there that I know of.
    http://www.jeffkreisler.com
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=jeff+kreisler&page=1

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

patrice o'neal. love that guy.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Dane Cook.

(Ducking)

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This is one of my favorite songs from Lynch:

John Valby (aka Dr. Dirty, I think) is a piano-man dude who writes raunchy versions of songs.

Fransisco, as others have said, is great... especially his movie-trailer voice.

Saw a dude named Tim Joyce the other day... he cracked me up. He even did Shakespearian-tit jokes... which was an experience.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

De'Ray, one of the funniest dudes out there.

This one is good

This one is better
    ;feature=related

There was another dude named Talent that used to carry a beer bottle on stage with him, he had a bit on air conditioning that was great

Draft saved Draft deleted