1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Sports Weekend of 2007?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CapeCodder, May 6, 2007.

1. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Has this been the best sports weekend of 2007 ... so far? You get a compelling Kentucky Derby, a great fight, the Clemens return, as well as some really good postseason action from the NHL and NBA (the last few minutes of the Suns-Lakers game, complete with a bleeding Steve Nash, was really fun to watch). I'm not sure we've seen better, at least through the first four months of 2007.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm... nope.

This kind of reminds me of the first Sox-Junkees series two years ago... someone gushed it was the greatest series in basebal history -- in April.

Sorry, but it is and always will be the four-day orgy of NCAA basketball on St. Pat's weekend. This year, no exception. How can there be a greater weekend than when Duke gets knocked out of the tourney?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I did quite well on the Derby. Then I took $20 off a loud-mouthed a-hole at a fight party (after the 12th, he predicted De la Hoya in a unanimous decision. I took Mayweather in a split, hoping to break even, at $10 per bet).

So yes, it was the best sports weekend of 2007 ... so far.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's the best sports weeked of May . . . so far . . . but only because the French Open hasn't started yet. ;) ;) ;)

5. Didn't someone already declare this during March Madness? I can't remember the specifics but I remember that being a pretty big weekend.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can someone please explain to me why every other day has to be "the best ..." something?

7. That was your best post ever, spnited. ;D

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

No reason. I was just sitting here thinking it was a really good sports weekend--capped off by good weather (at least here) a great Sopranos. That's all.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, a really good sports weekend ... sure it wasn't the best ever?

Been watching too much ESPN lately and hearing everything be overhyped?

10. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

No. Just thought it was the kind of sports weekend that had something for everyone.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Someone always declares this during March Madness.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted