1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best (Sports) Week Ever set to begin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 11, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bracket show starts in 15 minutes. So begins three days of speculation and then four days of wild and wonderful basketball. Offices and the Interwebs will be filled with debates -- who will be the Cinderella, the choker, the upstart, who makes a name for himself and who proves to be merely riding on his name.

Is there any better sports week than the one that's just about to begin?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

3. david kaye

david kaye Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I will have my Instinct Bracket, which I fill out immediately. Then my Upset Bracket, which I put a bit of thought into picking the best upsets. Then there's the Study Bracket, where I will actually try to handicap the matchups. Then there's the Public Bracket, where I'll go with who I think the popular pick in every game will be. The there's the Fun Bracket, where I picked based on who I like the best or maybe a school where friends went to.

I'm gonna have a lot of brackets!

5. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I wandered into this thread thinking I was going to hear Chuck Nice, Doug Benson and Paul F. Tompkins tell us who they like in their brackets...

6. Fixed.
    :D

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Definitely my favorite week, but is it the best?

I kind of like Final Four week, where you have that, MLB opening day, the start of NHL playoffs, the Masters, NASCAR coming to Texas, almost all at once. (Actually the Texas race is later this year, but in the past it's been right at this time.)

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is without question the best week of the year. You have to be in the arena this week to experience it. There's nothing better.

Can't wait!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Best week for me begins NEXT week.

Spend the days in Key Biscayne watching a combined ATP-WTA tennis tournament.

Get home just in time to see third- and fourth-round NCAA games.

Much better than watching those 91-59 first-round games (which greatly outnumber the occasional big upset).

10. I agree wholeheartedly, with the exception of NASCAR. But this is the best basketball week of the year, hands down.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

This is my favorite time of the sports year, too.
    But I also love all the conference tourneys which come the week before.
    Anybody can be anything they want to be, for a short while, anyway.
    Jackson State vs. Florida, and the Tigers win? Wouldn't it be sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted