1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best SEC beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, May 18, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

There's probably a few shops down there where you've got a contender for both titles.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

But David B. FAY is at the wrong end of that deal. Doof. And you cheated your precious Rules on SEVERAL occasions last Friday -- only to gag when the dinero was on the line.

rb

3. INACCURACY! We followed The Rules almost to a tee, the lone exception being playing the OB stakes as lateral hazards. Didn't want to piss off the DA behind us, ya know. I think you may have taken advantage of that bend, too, pal.

We can agree that a certain SJ-er took advantage of it OFTEN.

4. Rockbottom

Following "almost to a tee" equals "automatic DQ" in the eyes of those sitting by the fire in Far Hills, N.J.

I was merely echoing the faint sound of trombone coming from the other cart when I took my lone lateral drop. The SJ-er in question -- an effin' stud in his own mind who surely can't figure out how he hasn't gotten his name onto this thread yet -- indeed took advantage of the local ruling as often as he botches the ethnicities of Podunk U. assistant coaches.

rb

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Podunk U or Podunk State U.?

6. Rockbottom

The University of Podunk.

rb

7. Let's settle this thread ONCE AND FOR ALL at this week's SEC Tournament Hoover. Whaddya say?

Arm wrestling? Dr Pepper drinking contests?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought it was settled at the Hanceganistan Days Inn...

But... cargo shorts at 30 paces....

9. Rockbottom

Hair-product application at 10 paces?

rb

10. I will quaff more Dr Pepper than anyone at this week's events. I will take on all comers.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All Amurica will be reeel proud of you, boh...

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm impressed by the constraint shown by our Acadian contingent.

Draft saved Draft deleted