1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best quotes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

There are so many quotes - some funny, some serious - made by athletes, coaches and owners. I'm curious to see which ones stand out to posters..

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't there a fairly recent thread on this same subject? I ask not to be the sob that I am but it would provide a lot of answers quickly.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

If there is, deleting this one is fine. If you find it, please redirect me.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No disrespect, but I could give a shit. I'm not going off to search. If there is, there is. If there isn't, there isn't. You have access to the search function.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

You may not be in a class by yourself, but it sure doesn't take long to call the roll - Bum Phillips

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think I'll just fade away to Bolivian. -- Mike Tyson

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't find it on here, but there's a great quote from John Salley that had me laughing for about 3 1/2 weeks.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The only one I can think of right off the top of my head was "we played badly well." That was Dave Cottle, coach of the Maryland men's lacrosse team after they lost at Byrd Stadium to Johns Hopkins in 2007.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I found the Salley quote buried in "The Best Quotes You Couldn't Use" from the first month I was a member here. It's probably what got me to stick around. The wording is fantastic. I cannot look at that and hold a straight face -- no pun intended.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29494/

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That whole thread was awesome.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm sure there are threads about good sports quotes. And numerous websites about sports quotes, and stacks of books ... what exactly are you going for here, Drip?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Nothing. It's Saturday. I just remembered some good one liners and thought others might remember some too. No conspiracy, just good hearted memories. Now you have me thinking, what answer are you going for? .

Draft saved Draft deleted