1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best QB In NFL History!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RAMBO, Feb 5, 2007.

?

Who is the best QB in NFL history?

1. Manning

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Montana

33 vote(s)
    36.3%
  3. Marnio

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Brady

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Elway

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  6. Favre

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Unitas

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Bradshaw

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Staubach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Toretta

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I agree with you about Montana, take nothing away from him but when Manning retires he is going to be the best ever.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

What if Manning retired today as SUPER BOWL CHARMION?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you forget to use your sarcasm font or do you really mean to say wife beating is just a mistake?

If you want to argue that it didn't happen because she changed her story, fine. I disagree with you, but fine. But to say maybe he did it, but it's no big deal is a ridiculous.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I could see that. Master film studier, master of handling the offense at the line of scrimmage, ridiculous numbers, ... The only thing that will keep him from the 'title' of best QB is if he doesn't get several more rings.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I think this ring will be enough. In the end, Manning will have all the records and it'll be hard to not have him in the top 3.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Montana. He was the face of the NFL for the 1980s, and thequarterback on the team of the decade. He and the Niners faced real Super Bowl contenders every single year. The league wasn't as watered down as it is now.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

CT: "I think this ring will be enough. In the end, Manning will have all the records and it'll be hard to not have him in the top 3. "

I agree, Chuck. He'll be top 3.

8. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Tarkenton: 9 pro bowls, third all-time passing TDs, fifth in passing yards, seventh in attempts and completions, three Super Bowls (all losses), nearly 4,000 rushing yards and 32 rushing TDs.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Christ, I admit to being stupid on this one. That's pretty serious. I certainly remember being as disappointed as I was when Keith Hernandez had his troubles in the '80s.

Sorry that I took so much offense, but this sort of thing bothers me because we never really know the details. Nothing makes domestic abuse excusable, but I always wonder how someone with so much status and wealth can do this sort of shit. I am guilty of trying to rationalize it by assuming that the spouse/girlfriend provoked an angry response by, I don't know, fucking the neighbor or something. But my mother dealt with this shit, so I really shouldn't be so naive.

This is far from the thread, but I have always wondered whether the brutality of the sport and psyche of the athlete fosters this kind of violence.

10. They drew first blood, not me.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

There is some truth to that.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Stats do not make you a great QB winning SuperBowls does.

Draft saved Draft deleted