1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best QB In NFL History!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RAMBO, Feb 5, 2007.

?

Who is the best QB in NFL history?

1. Manning

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Montana

33 vote(s)
    36.3%
  3. Marnio

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Brady

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Elway

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  6. Favre

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Unitas

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Bradshaw

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Staubach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Toretta

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Laughed out loud at that one.
    Oh and by the way, Unitas.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Hey I think you need to check your glass's because Aikman is not on the list dumbass.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
    It's Tricky...it's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)
    It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
    It's Tricky...Tr-tr-tr-tricky (Tricky) Trrrrrrrrrrricky

4. writing irish

My Ah-DUMBASS! [/tothetuneof_myadidas]

5. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Marnio was overrated.

6. writing irish

He could bake a hell of a calzone though.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And a ringing endorsement of Chuck it is...

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I have a brain?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Your secret's safe with us, hoss... ;)

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Cool, thanks. :D ;)

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

RECKS GRASSMAN

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

These arguments are nothing but rhetoric. Several years ago, my friend and I came to the realization that you can't compare Jordan to Magic or Bird. Each was special in a unique way, and each had multiple variables that can't be weighed.

Such is the case with this quarterback discussion. I mean, I couldn't even begin to answer this. Marino was a stude who never won the big game and never had shit for a running game. Elway is in the same class and deserves serious consideration because he won two Super Bowls. But Montana won, what, three? He wasn't as prolific, but he was great in the clutch. Of course, he also threw to the greatest wide receiver in the game for a few seasons. I'm not sure whether he won much after Rice arrived and I don't care to do the research.

I don't think Brady belongs in the discussion, but he gets a lot of points if you emphasize Super Bowls. But I don't put too much weight on them because they take so much more than a good quarterback. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, don't forget that.

I suppose Favre and Elway are the most similar of the bunch, for whatever that's worth. I won't pretend to be knowledgeable when it comes to Unitas. Obviously, he was the best of his era, but I don't have any frame of reference. As far as I'm concerned, he's just one of a group that also includes Tarkenton, Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Jurgenson.

And there are tons of guys who could chuck the ball. I started watching in the early '80s, and I saw a lot of great QBs. Cinci had a guy, Ken something. Plunkett was superb. Danny White wasn't bad. I even thought Boomer was decent.

My guy, though, is always going to be Warren Moon. He's my favorite because he played for my team. I also like him because he's the forgotten guy, the underdog. Moon missed some seasons while playing in the CF, and those were good seasons. He's in the CFL Hall of Fame.

Now, Warren never won a Super Bowl, but he came damned close at least twice. There was the game with the Bills that Houston blew after leading 35-3 at the half. And I don't think anyone can dispute that Moon was a part of the history of black quarterbacks in the league. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, he's the first black quarterback to make the Hall of Fame.

Draft saved Draft deleted