1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Press Box Food For College Football In the Nation?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What is the proper dress code when eating delicious, free press box food? Are shorts OK?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And should you be in the press box when you eat or should you walk the sidelines? And while you're here, could you make my choice for all-area second baseman between these three options?

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, and bring a doggie bag. You may want to snack on the way home.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I do remember the Brunswick stew when I was in lovely Statesboro. We had fried chicken, though.

Agreed that this is a bad story idea. I don't think people really care which press box has the best food.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cargo shorts may be the way to go then.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Back to your original question since this is an assignment. There was a thread on here about a week ago concerning press box food. Some people like the cusines in the South while others like the blandness of the Northeast or the healthy portions in the midwest or the variety in the west. It's really difficult to say who is the absolute best in my opinion.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ace, is it proper etiquette to go to the bathroom with a minute to go before the half or a minute before the elevator begins the run to the field?

8. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

Bad story idea, but I have to throw some love out to the University of Georgia. Both times I've been to Athens, we were fed either roast or turkey with mashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread before the game. The hotdogs at halftime were normal, but the deli-style sandwiches the cute SID girls brought us while we we're writing were a nice touch.

But this is still a bad story idea.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this a much-debated SportsJournalists.com issue? I must have missed that. Probably in the bathroom.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Three meals?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yepper. Georgia is not the only place where you'll need cargo pants and rolaids Ace.

12. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

North Texas had Outback Steak when I covered a game there last year.

I had some Texas HIGH SCHOOL games with a full Barbecue buffett, than pizza for post-game.

Draft saved Draft deleted